The GPS vehicle tracking system is basically an electronic device installed in a vehicle that allows the owner or authorized third party to track the location of the vehicle. Most modern vehicle tracking systems use GPS modules to make the vehicle’s location accurate. Location data from vehicle can be viewed on digital maps.
Typical vehicle tracking systems consist of two core elements; GPS tracking device and vehicle tracking software. The GPS tracking device is usually a device installed in a vehicle. Users can follow the location of the vehicle and other key indicators of the car in real time, such as speed and distance travelled.
There are many good reasons for acquiring GPS vehicle tracking, here listed the most common reasons in the Philippines:
- If your vehicle is expensive, GPS vehicle tracking is a cheap insurance against theft.
- For those who travels alone and has to travel through dangerous areas and secluded roads, GPS vehicle tracking system ensures that someone knows where they are.
- Teenagers are too often inclined to drive carelessly and dangerously. Parents can use GPS tracking to follow their driving behaviour.
- Someone may have been suspicious of spouse’s behaviour for some time. GPS vehicle tracking might provide more information or peace of mind.
- Companies with large vehicle fleets are always looking for ways to reduce fuel emissions, maintenance costs, and illegal vehicle use.
- Regular tracking and mileage reporting ensure regular vehicle maintenance and keep the resale values higher.
- Improve employee productivity by keeping track of statutory breaks, revealing unauthorized stops and breaks, and evaluating employee overtime requests.
- In an emergency cases, GPS vehicle tracking helps immediate access to medical or emergency assistance.
- Tracking data not only improves driving performance but also helps to optimize vehicle performance.
- Vehicle tracking technology can provide important evidences after an accident.
What factors do you need to consider when deciding on your vehicle tracking and what kind of GPS device you need in your car?
- Never choose a device on the basis of price alone. There is a lot of variation in the GPS devices and vehicle tracking systems.
- Learn as much as you can from different GPS vehicle tracking systems. Explore them on the Internet and call businesses/friends that are already using GPS vehicle tracking.
- The vehicle tracking system must be able to do what you need.
- Check exactly what you get for your money. Check for fixed and variable costs, deployment costs, annual software licensing, etc.
- Reliability – The best way to find out if a product is reliable is to talk to existing customers.
- Customer support is extremely important. You might have problems with some GPS devices over time, which is expected, but you need to get proper support when you need it.
- The stability of the GPS vehicle tracking supplier is also very important. Choose the company that has been in the industry for a long time and is well known to the customer.
- Find out if there are additional costs in addition to fixed costs, monthly and subscription costs can add a lot the total expenses.
To get the maximum benefit out of a GPS vehicle tracking, it is necessary that you invest in a good quality GPS car tracker and secure the good after sale support from the supplier.